The sky was the limit at the Wings and Wheels Classic Car Show at the National Air Force Museum of Canada on Sunday July 26th, 2015.
Located at 220 RCAF Rd, Trenton, Ont. the NAFMC was established in 1984 as the RCAF Memorial Library and Museum, the National Air Force Museum of Canada. In 1994 it was relocated to their present location on RCAF road. It is the repository of 3,500 artifacts and memorabilia that tell the proud history of the Canadian Air Force. NAFMC relies on donations to continue the important work of maintaining and growing their collection. Rod Wartman, member of the board of trustees at NAFMC conceived the idea of the event as a way to target two (sometimes) diverse audiences. 40 volunteers from the NAFMC and Quinte Humane Society were on hand as well as silent auctions, Piston Toss, vendors, and a BBQ. All funds raised were split 50/50 between the NAFMC and the Quinte Humane Society.
Not to be outdone by the Air Force, J. Brian Milroy Lt. Colonel (Retired) brought his 1955 M37CDN 3/4 ton 4×4 Dodge Power Wagon. The truck has been in his possession for 3 1/2 years as the Colonel has been restoring it as a Hastings and Prince Edward Regiment Mortar Platoon Fire Control Centre. The addition of front-mounting the spare tire was common practise, as way of improving the available room in the back of the truck, it was originally located in the back. Approximately 4,500 Canadian M37CDNs were produced from 1951 through 1955. The vehicle was a replacement of the ageing WWII utility vehicles. Many of these vehicles continue in service worldwide in the Israeli and Greek military. These vehicles specifications were: maximum speed 89 km/h, cruising speed 72 km/h, milage (39 L/100 km), Type: “L” Head, 6 cylinder, 78 bhp (58.2 kW) at 3200 rpm, Displacement: 230 cubic inches (3.8 L).
For more information on the National Air Force Museum of Canada visit their website here.